Online registration for this webinar closes on November 15
Registration for webinars is a 2-step process. Once you have registered here, please look for an email titled "Your Webinar Registration is Almost Complete" for the link to complete the registration process in Zoom. After registering in Zoom, you will receive a confirmation email containing your unique link to the webinar.
During the webinar, please check the participant list to make sure your name appears. Contact hours will only be issued to the names that appear on the participant list.
Refunds are not permitted within 14 business days of the webinar.
This 60-minute seminar will provide water system managers, operators and engineers a practical understanding of the conditions, chemistry and science behind affecting positive control of both chloramine and free-chlorine levels in water distribution systems. Importantly, the second half of the seminar will present a suite of proven technologies that can be employed to automatically control disinfectant residual levels in real world water distribution systems.
- Background on the importance of controlling disinfectant residual levels in water systems
- Prevalence of low residual related MCL violations
- AWWA 2017 Disinfection Survey results
- Role of nitrifying bacteria in the destruction of water quality (chloramine systems)
- Operational procedures currently used to stave-off nitrification
- The Breakpoint Curve – Understanding Fluctuating Residual Levels in Networks
- A simple explanation to a lot of chlorine based residual chemistry
- Requirements to controlling setpoint on a breakpoint curve
- Equipment options and equipment form factors
- Roles of tank mixing, chemical feed, real-time water quality analysis and feedback algorithms
- Case Studies:
- Automatic control of chloramine residuals in water networks
- Automatic control of chloramine residuals in water networks with multiple tanks
- Controlling free-chlorine residual versus chloramine residual
This webinar is 8:00 am - 9:00 am on November 17.
Earn up to 1 contact hour, based on attendance
Receipts for classes are from firstname.lastname@example.org
Speaker: Andrew Seidel, CEO, UGSI Solutions, Inc.
Andrew D. Seidel is the Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of UGSI Solutions, Inc. – a process technology company specializing in chemical feed and disinfection. He serves as a Director on the Boards of O’Brien & Gere, a private engineering services company located in Syracuse, NY and Ostara Nutrient Recovery Technologies, Inc. a resource recovery company located in Vancouver, Canada.
Mr. Seidel was a Founder and the CEO of Underground Solutions, Inc. which was sold to Aegion (NASDAQ: AEGN) in 2016. Mr. Seidel served as the Chief Executive Officer of United States Filter Corporation from 2000 to 2004 after serving in multiple senior management positions. He was a Senior Advisor at Vantage-Point Venture Partners, a venture capital fund and has served on the Boards of Aqua America (NYSE: WTR), Veolia Environment (NYSE: VE), Nuverra Environment Solutions, and National Waterworks.
He holds a B.S.E. degree in Chemical Engineering and an M.B.A. from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania. In 2017, Mr. Seidel was awarded the D. Robert Yarnell Award from the University of Pennsylvania School of Engineering and Applied Science.
Join AWWA and the CA-NV Section
Visit the Section's Membership page to download a membership application