The CA-NV AWWA Certification Board prepares annual budgets and manages certification operations for the following seven programs. Individual certification committees oversee the development and maintenance of specific certification exams (28), as noted below.
- Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester and
Cross-Connection Control Specialist [BPAT and CCCS]
- Water Quality Laboratory Analyst (Grades 1-4) [WQLA]
- Water Use Efficiency Practitioner (Grades 1-3) [WUEP]
- Drinking Water Treatment Operator (Grades 1-4 and 1-4 Associates) [DWTO]
- Drinking Water Distribution Operator (Grades 1-4 and 1-4 Associates) [DWDO]
- Advanced Water Treatment Operator (Grades 3-5) [AWTOTM]
Certification Policy Manual
CA-NV AWWA is transitioning from using a program-specific Rules Governing document to a comprehensive governance and program administration Certification Policy Manual. Each program will offer a Candidate Handbook with specific content applicable to the unique program, drawn from the comprehensive Certification Policy Manual. Therefore, CA-NV AWWA members and those considering earning or currently holding certifications are encouraged to download and become familiar with the entire set of policies. Naturally, the Certification Policy Manual complements the existing Bylaws of CA-NV AWWA.
>> Download the Certification Policy Manual