Online registration for this webinar closes on November 16.
Registration for webinars is a 2-step process. Once you have registered here, please look for an email titled "Your Webinar Registration is Almost Complete" for the link to complete the registration process in Zoom. After registering in Zoom, you will receive a confirmation email containing your unique link to the webinar.
During the webinar, please check the participant list to make sure your name appears. Contact hours will only be issued to the names that appear on the participants list.
Refunds are not permitted within 14 business days of the webinar.
This 60-minute seminar will provide water system managers, operators and engineers a practical understanding of the science behind polymer and polymer activation as well as the techniques used to optimize the use of polymer in plant settings.
- The basics of polymer chemistry
- Understanding polymer structure and chemistry
- Role of mixing in hydration and activation
- Modes mixing and energy application
- Impact of operational/situational factors in polymer activation
- Equipment options and equipment form factors
- Mixer configurations used to optimize activation
- Equipment hardware and components
- Case Studies:
- Dry polymer activation example
- Liquide polymer application example
- 3rd party study results of various forms of polymer activation in a real plant setting
- Attendees will understand the basic structure and chemistry of water and wastewater treatment polymers
- Attendees will understand how to use the fundamental science of polymer chemistry to properly activate polymer which leads to better treatment efficiencies and costs
This webinar is 10:00 am - 11:00 am on November 18.
Earn up to 1 contact hour, based on attendance
Receipts for classes are from email@example.com
Speaker: Yong Kim, UGSI Solutions Inc.
Join AWWA and the CA-NV Section
Visit the Section's Membership page to download a membership application