Goal: Provide small community water utilities with practical advice on meeting AWIA requirements.
The America’s Water Infrastructure Act (AWIA) of 2018 requires that small community water systems serving at least 3,300 people assess the risks to, and the resilience of, their drinking water systems. The AWIA requires performance of a Risk and Resilience Assessment (RRA), which is due June 30, 2021 and the development of an Emergency Response Plan (ERP), which is due December 31, 2021.
Water utility managers have long understood the concept of managing risk. Developing a robust RRA and ERP will benefit small community water systems by opening the door to new and ongoing discussions of their vulnerabilities, including cybersecurity, and potential risk mitigation needs, leading to more dynamic policies and procedures. They also will learn how to align the RRA and ERP with Capital Improvement and Facilities Planning which can have the added benefit of incorporating new projects into their Capital Improvement and Facilities Plan.
2.0 Contact Hours are available
This webinar is from: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Session Topics and Speakers are:
- Dr. Stephen Baruch, Moderator (AARC)
- AWIA Compliance – Samantha McVety, EPA Region 9 Coordinator for AWIA Certification
- Use of the Vsat Tool from a Practitioner Perspective – Deanna McMahan (SEMC)
- Emergency Response Plan, Does and Don’ts – Gary Sturdivan (SEMC)
- AWIA Cybersecurity – Joe McCroy (AARC)